The ISACA South Africa Chapter is excited to announce the ISACA SA Awards for the third year running.
ISACA SA members are asked to nominate deserving candidates for the Awards that will be presented at a special Member Awards Evening on 19 September 2019. Recipients of the award will receive a certificate of acknowledgement and details will be published across the various ISACA SA communication channels.
The ISACA SA Awards are the highest honours bestowed by the Chapter on individuals in appreciation of the active roles in the field of IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity in South Africa. The purpose of the awards is to:
- Recognise and reward excellence and professionalism in the field of Information Systems (IS) risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity.
- Attract and retain high calibre individuals in the profession
- Motivate members towards innovation and continuous improvement
We hereby call for nominations for the following awards:
- Contribution Award
- Max Blecher Innovation Award
- Tichaona Zororo Excellence Award
- Winston Hayden Leadership Award
- Young Professional of the Year Award
- President’s Award
We will also be honouring the Best 2018 Speaker/Conference Contributor based on delegate feedback from the 2018 annual conference.
In order to ensure a fair and consistent reflection of the nominees, the motivation accompanying the nomination should provide a description and evidence that is sufficient, current, authentic, reliable and verifiable regarding the ability of the nominee to meet the specified criteria. A few pertinent questions have been provided on the nomination form as a frame of reference.
The awards are described as follows:
|Winston Hayden Leadership Award|
The leadership award is provided to an individual who champions strategic leadership, development and relevance within the field of IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity:
|The Contribution Award is provided to an individual and/or organisation that has made a solid/significant contribution to research, education, publications, or other developments and activities in the field of IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity. The nominee regularly attends/ assists as a volunteer in the activities of the SA Chapter.|
|Max Blecher Innovation Award
|The Innovation Award is provided to an individual and/or organisation that has developed fresh new insights, developments, tools or techniques to promote the field of IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity.|
|Tichaona Zororo Excellence Award
|The Excellence Award is provided to an individual and/or organisation that is dedicated to and has effectively and efficiently promoted the field of IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity. It is intended for achievement that exceeds the norm.|
|Young Professional Award|
|This award is offered to an individual who is 35 years of age or younger; and who demonstrates passion, growth, a desire to learn and commitment to professional development in the field IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity.|
|This award recipient is selected solely by the President and is presented for gratitude and dedication to service and leadership with regards to the field of IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity in South Africa.|
- Displays high levels of integrity and promotes an ethical culture.
- Is a great ambassador for IS risk management, audit & assurance, governance, security and cybersecurity in SA and abroad.
- Demonstrates commitment to the code of ethics and core values of ISACA (We Are One, We Are Dedicated, We Are Innovative, We Are Accountable, We are Authentic).
- All individuals or organisations are eligible to receive this award. The candidate need not be a member of the ISACA SA to be considered for the award although preference will be given to ISACA members.
- In the case of individuals, nominees with a criminal record will not be considered.
- Only members of ISACA SA may submit nominations.
- Nominations can be made for members or non-members of the Chapter.
- Self-nominations are allowed.
- With the exception of the President’s Award which is awarded at the discretion of the President, the following adjudication process applies:
- The Conference Committee is responsible for the adjudication process in respect of the candidates nominated. The Committee will make a recommendation to the ISACA SA Board of directors as to the proposed award winners. In the event that a nominee does not meet the criteria in respect of an award, the Conference Committee and ISACA SA Board of Directors reserve the right not to confer the award.
- The Committee bases its recommendation to the ISACA SA Board of directors on the following:
- a review of documentation provided by the candidate’s nominator;
- to the extent necessary, any supplementary information provided by the nominee;
- to the extent necessary, the observations of the candidate’s listed references; and
- to the extent necessary, interviews conducted with the nominated candidate.
- The determination of the awards winners is at the sole discretion of the ISACA SA Board of directors. The decisions reached are final and are not subject to appeal or review.
- The Best 2017 Speaker/Conference Contributor Award excludes paid and keynote conference speakers; panel discussion speakers and speakers who are also members of the Board of directors. The award is determined by the Conference Committee based on the evaluation forms and feedback obtained from the 2018 conference event.
- There is no obligation to make the award in any year. Awards are made based on merit. The number of awards to be made in a single year is left to the discretion of the Conference Committee and Board of directors.
- Travel and accommodation costs: In the event that the nominee is shortlisted, the Chapter will cover the cost of their attendance at the event at which the award is presented. All other costs incurred by the nominee, not limited to but including travel and accommodation costs, will be for the sole expense of the nominee and will not be covered by the Chapter.