Understanding and Assessing IT Governance Principles and Practices
Join this post-conference coaching workshop on building an appropriate and rigorous IT governance assessment competence. You will be guided in understanding the context as well as the pitfalls and risks related to building your IT governance assessment framework. This workshop will guide you in how to appropriately assess IT governance practices such that you can add value to IT operations as well as support business in their decision making.
Session 1: IT Governance in today’s corporate governance context
- King IV™ and the changing corporate governance landscape
- IT governance principle, practices and outcomes and IT governance in a GRC context
- IT governance maturity in a risk governance context
Session 2: Establishing an effective IT Governance environment
- Ethical and effective leadership of IT and evidencing IT governance activities
- Business resilience and building for change
- Governing information, ensuring stakeholder confidence
Session 3: Assessing the IT Governance environment
- Choosing an appropriate assessment basis and selecting the assessment scope
- Aligning with the organisational risk profile and supporting organisational strategy
- Engaging with stakeholders and embedding continual improvement
Benefits of attending
- Developing your governance assessment skills and supporting your organisation in maximizing the value of its IT investments
- Understanding how COBIT 5® and other associated IT governance standards go hand in hand with the application of the King IV™ effective leadership approach
- Building an effective IT governance assessment framework that aligns with your GRC and Assurance functions
- Preventing ineffective, inefficient or inappropriate IT governance approach in your organisation
Who should attend
Executive directors, non-executive directors, Exco members, Heads of Departments, General Managers, Senior Managers, Managers, Supervisors, staff:
- Audit, Risk, Governance and Compliance
- IT, Information / Data
- Business Continuity, Business Recovery and Crisis Management
Why conference delegates cannot miss this workshop
Good corporate governance has assumed greater importance in the roles of the IT and assurance functions across Africa. This workshop will provide an acclaimed speaker, world renowned thought leader, and award-winning facilitator who will share the latest insights regarding IT governance assessments. This workshop will provide a platform for enrichment by leveraging interactive discussions and quality training material.
Carolynn Chalmers is a Corporate Governance advisor who has been consulting in this area for the last seven years to various types of organisations. Carolynn holds an MSc from the University of Cape Town; is certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT; is a facilitator for the Institute of Directors; and is a member of their Corporate Governance Network.
Carolynn has extensive management and governance experience and has held various Board and Executive roles for international, listed and private organisations.